Inner Space Meditation and Midbrain Development refers to a system of techniques which assist in the unification of the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
Classes fall under the umbrella of meditation. Guided meditations that employ creative visualisation in a structured and methodical fashion and employed extensively, as well as bilateral stimulation techniques borrowed from yoga ( and modern psychology (such as EMDR).
This is most effective for children and young adults, but has been successfully applied to adults as well.
Objectives of the program are:
- Enhanced memory and concentration
- Higher self-esteem and confidence
- More articulate thinking style and sharper mind
- Stress management during revision and homework
Students are taught and encouraged to explore:
- Objective making and goal setting
- Self-motivation techniques (optimism)
- Metaphorical thinking and power of visualization
- Balancing the use of conscious and sub-conscious mind